August 19, 2017

What’s the best advice, what can he do? Should he be hailed? and who does that? what can happen?

Additional Information:

I have a friend who is in jail and gets out on the 15th but he has probate court the 13? he does not want to lose his children and is a good father.


He should immediately file a written request with the probate and family court to Haeb him into the hearing. He should reference the case caption like Jane Doe v. John Doe, the Docket Number of his case and send it to the Registry of Probate for the county where the probate case is being heard. He should inform them that he is in custody and the particular jail he is in and request a Haeb for him to be transported into the hearing. The probate court can then issue a Haeb to the jail he is in who can transport him to the hearing. Just to make sure on the procedure for that particular county you could always go to or call the registry of probate and make sure that is the correct procedure.  Good Luck.

Riddle & Associates’ criminal defense lawyers serve the Central Massachusetts region including the areas of Lunenburg, Leominster, Fitchburg, Worcester, Gardner, Clinton, Bolton, Lancaster, Berlin, Acton, Concord, Greenfield, West Boylston, Marlborough, Northborough, Westborough, Groton, Shirley, Pepperell, Townsend, Ashby, Winchendon, Ashburnham, Templeton, Princeton, Ayer, Harvard, Worcester County, Middlesex County, Franklin County and surrounding communities in Massachusetts.

Worcester County Criminal Defense Lawyers
603 Massachusetts Avenue, Suite 2
Lunenburg, Massachusetts

Email Us | Office Directions